Blackhawk Country Club Invites All Village Residents to Come Use the Club!
As part of your winter dining and recreation, please make plans to join us at the Club for a festive dinner, a relaxed luncheon, or a hot chocolate after sledding or snowshoeing! Shorewood Hills residents (who are not members of Blackhawk Country Club) are welcome to enjoy the Club dining facilities, use of the grounds, and golfing as described in more detail below. We look forward to seeing you!
Food and Beverages
– Adult residents, their children (when accompanied by a parent) and their guests have food and beverage freedoms at the Club two times each month from November 1 through April 15. Availability may be limited when the Club is booked for specific events. Dining is on a cash and credit card basis. No gratuity or service charge will be automatically added to food and beverage bills. It is expected that residents will tip accordingly, based on the quality of service received, just as they would in any other restaurant. Reservations are appreciated. Casual attire is appropriate.
Dining hours are:
: Wednesday-Saturday from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
: Thursday-Saturday from 5:30 to 8:00 pm
Sunday Bistro Brunch
: 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
Friday Night Dinner
: 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Call the Club at 231-2454 for questions or to make a reservation.
– Village residents may apply for a social membership in the Club and the initiation fee shall be waived.
Use of the Grounds
– Village residents are welcome to use the grounds for winter sports (i.e. sledding, cross country, and downhill skiing) from December 1 to April 1 (weather permitting). Putting greens, tee boxes and other areas of the course may be protected with fencing. Please keep out of these areas.
Clubhouse and Bar
– On Saturday afternoons, the Blackhawk Clubhouse and Bar is open for residents to come inside to warm up while sledding and skiing, to use the restrooms, or to have a complimentary cup of hot cocoa or coffee. Residents are welcome to use the clubhouse to warm up any time it is open.
– The Shorewood Hills Adult Golf Program for 2018 will be conducted at Blackhawk Country Club. The program will take place on Monday mornings in May, June, July, and August. Classes include 45 mins of Instruction with PGA Head Professional Matt Hartmann, range balls, and golf after class. Students may pick the dates they can attend. Class Options: 8:00 to 8:45 am or 9:00 to 9:45 am Dates - Topic of Focus:May 14 - Evaluation and Basic FundamentalsMay 21 - Review of Fundamentals and Full Swing IronsJune 4 - Short Game: PuttingJune 25 - Short Game: Chipping and Pitching July 9 - Full Swing: IronsJuly 16 - Full Swing: WoodsAugust 6 - Short Game: PuttingAugust 20 - Short Game: Chipping and Pitching Cost:8 weeks - $330.006 weeks - $247.504 weeks - $165.002 weeks - $110.001 week - $55.00 If Students choose less than 8 weeks and would like to add an additional date after the program starts, they may do so for an additional $55 per class. Contact the Village Hall for details. The program fee includes instruction from a PGA Pro, range balls, range ball clean up and the cost of golf after instruction (motorized cart extra). A link to the online registration form is below. The deadline for registration is Friday, May 4, 2018. The program provides a wonderful opportunity for Village residents to learn and enjoy the game of golf in a beautiful setting. Click here for the details and participation application form!
Junior Golf Program 2018
Description: The Blackhawk Country Club conducts a summer junior golf program for Club members and Village resident non-members. Juniors must be three years of age by June 1 to enroll in the program and are eligible to participate through the summer following their senior year in high school. More detailed information on the Junior Golf program is provided in the links below.
Registration Fee: $165 per participant.
Deadline: Friday, June 8, 2018
The Program: Juniors meet on Wednesday mornings for a 40-minute group lesson followed by play. The Program is designed to meet the needs of all junior golfers, from beginners to low-handicapped players. The Program is divided into five different levels. The following age ranges are guidelines. More information on golf skill levels is provided in the links below or contact the pro shop (231-2456). Final level placement will be determined by ability as well as by the number of golfers registered.
After a 40-minute lesson, the juniors are put into groups, scorecards and daily games are explained and handed out to walkers. After the round is played, lemonade and cookies are available on the patio where scorecards are turned in.
Equipment: Each junior golfer is required to provide his/her own golf clubs, bag, golf balls, and tees.
Parental Commitment (Walkers Required): It is MANDATORY for a Parent (or another responsible person) to walk with EACH participant on every Wednesday session. If the junior does not make arrangements to have a walker, they will be able to participate in the lesson but NOT ABLE to go on the golf course.
Dress Code: We ask that appropriate golf attire is worn at all times on the golf course and at the practice areas by everyone: golfers, walkers, parents, babysitters. Reminder: Halter or tank tops, gym shorts, tee shirts, jeans, leggings or yoga pants are not permitted.
Food & Beverages: Please be aware that food and/or beverages are always available for purchase after 10:45 am. With the exception of the weekly lemonade & cookies, there are no meals included with the program for either Blackhawk members or Shorewood Hills residents.
Schedule: A detailed schedule is available in the links below including Special Junior Golf Days.
Click here for more details and for the participant application form!
Monday – closed
Tuesday – closed
Wednesday – 10:00 am-2:00 pm
Thursday – 10:00 am-8:00 pm
Friday – 10:00 am-8:30 pm
Saturday – 10:00 am-8:30 pm
Sunday – 10:00 am-12:30 pm